Friday, November 30, 2012

Artist's Date.

 
 
 
 
 
I've never been an avid reader, you can ask all my instructors through high school and college, but I could never sit down and focus on a book (even if it was required). Two months ago I was introduced to a book that happened to be located in the "Self-Help" section at Barnes&Nobles, which made me even more skeptical. The book is called The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. I'm two chapters in and never been more excited about this foreign thing called reading. Each chapter is designated to finding or "unblocking" your inner creative spirits. Tasks are given on a weekly basis to dig deeper into the reasons of self-doubt and writer's block. One task that is given at the beginning of the book and to be done once a week until the end is an "Artist's Date". Take you and your inner artist anywhere you'd like to go as long as it's by yourself and just enjoy your "me" time. Today, I am 2 triple grande skinny vanilla latte's deep, about 100 pins "pinned" , and a solid 3 hours of butt to chair vibes on my day off. Never felt better.
 
>> 1. The Artist's Way 2. Morning run inspiration 3. Goddess Cookie's & Cream knit pants 4. Pit stop from Washington to So Cal <<

No comments:

Post a Comment